The Clare Valley Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Clare Valley Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing clarevalley.info for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Clare Valley for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in The Clare Valley?
The Clare Valley Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Clare Valley, South Australia
Clare Valley in South Australia is a picturesque region known for its vineyards, stunning natural beauty, and historical landmarks. For those who have a penchant for art, history and culture, a visit to the region wouldn't be complete without exploring the galleries, museums, and historical venues. Here are some of the top-notch destinations, arranged by category:
1. Maggie Beer's Farm Shop Gallery - This gallery, nestled within the lush vineyards, features the works of local artists, including paintings, ceramics, woodwork, photography, and jewelry. You can also enjoy culinary treats from the farm shop and cafe.
2. Artworx Gallery - One of the oldest galleries in the region, Artworx Gallery, showcases works of renowned regional and national artists. You can find contemporary and traditional pieces of art, including paintings, sculptures, and glasswork.
1. Burra Railway Station Museum - This museum, located in the historic township of Burra, takes visitors back in time to when the railways were the primary mode of transportation. The museum is a significant landmark in the town, and visitors can view the old steam locomotive, the 1880 station master's residence, the elegant dining carriage, and other memorabilia.
2. Blyth Post Office Museum - This museum, situated in a restored 1876 post office, offers a glimpse into the past of post offices. You'll find antique post office equipment, furniture, and a postman's uniform.
1. Martindale Hall - This heritage property, located in the Clare Valley wine region, is one of South Australia's grandest residences. Visitors can marvel at the impressive architecture, original furnishings, and period costumes in the Victorian-era mansion.
2. Sevenhill Cellars - Established in 1851 by the Jesuits, Sevenhill Cellars is the oldest winery in the Clare Valley. The winery's historic stone cellars, chapel, and crypt, are part of the National Trust and provide visitors with a glimpse into the region's winemaking history.
3. Clare Valley Heritage Trail - The trail begins in Clare's commercial hub and passes by several beautiful heritage buildings and monuments. Among the notable sites are the Old Police Station, the Soldiers Memorial Hall, the Town Hall, and the Clare Public Library.
Overall, the galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Clare Valley offer a wide range of eclectic and educational experiences. Visitors can learn about the region's rich history and culture while also enjoying beautiful art displays or tasting remarkable wines. The venues are all conveniently located near one another, making it easy to explore all that Clare Valley has to offer in a single visit. So why not plan a trip to Clare Valley and immerse yourself in the region's rich cultural tapestry?
The Clare Valley Galleries and Museums Articles